1. Gummy Bears (6-0): Last Week: #1 No Sherwin, no problem against a decent Starburst squad. They continue their dominant play, this time using their size to their advantage. They outrebounded Team Starburst by 16 led by Chris Brunson with 23 pts and 13 rebs. This team can win with or without Sherwin, which doesn’t bode well for the rest of the league. Can the streak continue this week against Jack Em Joe?
Last Game: def. Starburst (74-62) Next Game: vs. Skittles (3-3)
2. Airheads (5-1): Last week: #2 Well size and rebounding weren’t an issue for them in their last game versus Butterfinger. They outrebounded them by 20 rebs, which was more than what Team Butterfinger had total (19)! The young guns led the way this game with Brandon Urian finishing with 19 pts and Kyle Whelan with 16 pts and 14 rebs. Another easy game this week coming up.
Last Game: def. Butterfinger (55-49) Next Game: vs. M&M’s (0-6)
3. Dum Dums (4-2): Last Week: #4 Though they were playing a shorthanded Snickers team, they didn’t let their guard down and picked up a nice win. Leading the way was Marco Lopez, who poured in a solid double-double with 17 pts and 11 rebs. They took advantage of a Brandon-less Snickers team and a lackluster defensive effort in the 2nd half and pulled away in the 2nd half. They should be careful this week, which could be a trap game with Team Kit Kat, who just pulled off a big upset last week.
Last Game: def. Snickers (55-45) Next Game: vs. Kit Kat (1-5)
4. Skittles (3-3): Last Week: #3 Shocking lost last week to a then-winless Kit Kat team. Did they overlook that game in anticipation to their matchup with Gummy Bears this week? They defeated a decent Starburst team without Jack Em Joe, but lost to a winless team with him playing? I’m confused. Although he almost messed and got a triple double with 14 pts, 9 rebs and 9 asts, his points are well below his season average. Can they let this bad loss go and be ready to challenge the #1 team?
Last Game: lost to Kit Kat (64-73) Next Game: vs. Gummy Bears (6-0)
5. Starburst (4-2): Last Week: #5 2nd week in a row without Damien Babington and they suffered their 2nd straight loss. Steven Heo looked like he was kept in check, since he’s known to step up in big games. Along with Xavier and his brother Charlie, they each scored 16 pts, but they were dominated on the boards by the Gummy Bears’ size. If they’re not careful this week, they might lose 3 in a row to a surging Nerds group.
Last Game: lost to Gummy Bears (62-74) Next Game: vs. Nerds (3-3)
6. Nerds (3-3): Last Week: #7 Well Jason Birkett woke up from his dream last week as he only scored 7 pts after putting up 30 in his previous game. Somehow with only 1 person in double figures, David Williams with 15 pts, they outlasted team M&M’s. This victory makes it 3 in a row for them as they are winning at the right time.
Last Game: def. M&M’s (49-47) Next Game: vs. Starburst (4-2)
7. Snickers (2-4): Last Week: #6 Jack Em Joe might have to outshoot someone to keep his name. Without Brandon to control the reins, DJ Lee was shot-happy last game. With all the shots he took, somehow he finished with only 9 pts. And has anyone seen Loksundo the past 3 weeks? After scoring 32 pts in his debut, he has totaled only 21 total points in his last 3 games. Someone please put out an Amber alert.
Last Game: lost to Dum Dums (45-55) Next Game: vs. Butterfinger (2-4)
8. Kit Kat (1-5): Last Week: #10 What a big upset and win for them last game against a hot Skittles team! They finally put it all together and also showed up as the 3 J’s led the way. Justin Roux, John Nguyen and Jonathan Gonzales totaled 48 pts and the “Doc” Ben Alilin contributed with 10 pts as well. Defensively, they also kept Jack Em Joe under 20 pts. Can they do it again this week against Dum Dums?
Last Week: def Skittles (73-64) Next Game: vs. Dum Dums (4-2)
9. Butterfinger (2-4): Last Week #8 4 straight losses and counting, though they put up a strong fight against Team Airheads. Same story for them in their 4 losses, letdown in the 2nd half. The ball definitely moved a little better and defense was decent in the 1st half, but they couldn’t keep up with Team Airheads in the paint. Quang is no longer playing at an MVP-level and is struggling to lead this team as they would had hoped. Can they squeak out a win and break their losing streak?
Last Week: lost to Airheads (49-55) Next Game: vs. Snickers (2-4)
10. M&M’s (0-6): Last Week: #9 Almost got their 1st victory but fell short in a 2-pt loss to Team Nerds. Probably their best chance for a win until their game against Kit Kat, but unfortunately wasn’t able to take advantage of a poor game from Jason Birkett. Tough game this week against Team Airheads and doubt an upset will happen.
Last Game: lost to Nerds (47-49) Next Game: vs. Airheads (5-1)
Feel free to comment, but please remember to keep it clean!